I had my 1993 Honda Accord into the shop a few days ago to replace my timing belt and water pump. Before I brought my car in it was working perfectly and had never had an issue with over heating or any major mechanical malfunctions.
My car acted fine on the 30 minute trip home from the mechanic’s shop, but yesterday while my husband was driving home from work it suddenly overheated and died. I am wondering what the likely hood is that the car had something randomly go wrong with it after the trip to the mechanic or if it’s possible there was a mistake made when installing my timing belt and water pump. Can someone give me some things to look at to help me figure out what went wrong with the car? I’m having it towed back to the mechanic, but want to figure out what happened, if possible, before I do so I don’t get a run around.