P0113 p0442

I ckeaned the MAP sensor my bad, not IAT. I am trying to find it here shortly to just look at it.

It’s an automatic. I’ll try to find one cheap. The ones they tried to tell me at auto zone were 300 bucks lol

Can’t speak to your outback configuration, buy on my Corolla, MAP is bolted to firewall, near brake booster. IAT just pokes into a hole in the rubber boot between the engine air filter and the throttle body.

IAT: Intake air temperature. Pretty much has to be located somewhere between engine air intake (near front grill) and throttle body (part that contains throttle butterfly valve & is bolted to intake manifold)

MAP: Manifold absolute pressure. “Manifold” refers to the intake manifold. So that part is most likely either bolted to the intake manifold somewhere, or there is a large diameter hose that connects the intake manifold to the MAP.

It’s conceivable that the MAP and IAT functions could be implemented in the same part.

There are two parts shown in post # 13, the top one for the automatic and the lower one for the manual transmission, you stated the one below.

The MAP/IAT sensor for the automatic equipped Legacy can be found for $55 to $85 at Rock Auto.

It is common for the IAT sensor to be located in the MAP sensor.

1 Like

From photos above, I’m guessing for manual transmission Outback, IAT and MAP are separate parts. For automatic trans Outback, looks like the same part. In either configuration, IAT failure would be very uncommon, and MAP failure I expect is pretty uncommon too. Most likely MAP failure mode would be a rubber diaphragm split resulting in vacuum leak, which would be easy to check using a hand-held vacuum pump tester gadget.

OP , before buying replacement parts, suggest to hire shop to determine if the electrical connections to the IAT are the actual problem.

Sort of pain to have to replace the MAP to repair a problematic IAT if you think about it. But it is sort of like if the CD player fails in your integrated stereo box. Not economical to replace just the CD player, pretty much have to replace the entire system.

1 Like

Thank you. Once this tax check comes I’m getting it looked at.

Yes. Healthcare in this country is the biggest rip-off on Earth. Everywhere else in the civilized world, patients spend much less money, and receive better outcomes.

1 Like