P0015 Volvo S40

I have a 2001 Volvo S40 that has a check engine code of P0015: CAmshaft Position Actuator B Bank 1 Timing over - retard. I have done quite a bit of research on this, and read through the Hanes manual. The engine does not run rough at all (I have seen in several postings that some cars that have this code also run rough). The most common response I have found is the VVT solenoid has some sludge and needs to be replaced. Has anyone actually been able to fix this code, and if so PLEASE help with your fix.

Thanks

If you want to try an inexpensive fix before spending a lot of money, you could put something in the oil that is intended to soften and remove sludge, such as Marvel Mystery Oil, Motor Rx, or SeaFoam. Using oil additives in expensive engines scares me, but you might give it a shot. Follow label directions. Motor Rx in particular defines a rather detailed procedure for its use.

This car is a turbo, correct? That increases the odds that it really might have oil deposits, but also makes me even more afraid of using oil additives.