''One of these days, Alice - Pow! Right in the kisser!"

Better that an auto industry worker is employed at a Nissan plant in Tennessee . . . versus not at all

But that’s just one person’s opinion

Um, don’t you mean the execs did NOT reciprocate the loyalty . . . ?

Nissan Frontiers are assembled in Mississippi and Tennessee. The Canton MS plant employees 25,000 people directly or indirectly. It’s a huge operation. But local state and federal politics often become involved with plant operations.

Fifty years ago the exchange rate for Yen was 360Y/$ and today it is 111Y/$ so the Japanese find it necessary to move production here in order to compete in this market. But of course the currency exchange rate is a political product and this time next year Nissan may be building a plant in Dubai.

@db4690. Thank you. I made the correction to my original post.

I like 'em 'cause they are one of the people’s cars. A design focus on function, a car you can drive until the wheels fall off, w/few accouterments. Ford Model T’s, air cooled VW Beetles, F100 and C10 pickups, Corollas of a certain age, are all on the same list. I’m sure there’s others folks here would add to (& subtract from) that list. Here you go, this is one of the sporty models of the Fiesta, with stripes and graphics. The steel wheels without any wheel covers hiding the workings, now that’s something. And the bumpers. Look at those fantastic bumpers!!!