One foot driving vs two feet driving (a/t car)

Now really, ask yourself, why does this bother you?

I don’t see ANYONE saying it bothers them. Drive the way want. I don’t care…as long as you’re not causing a safety concern.

Dang, I just got back from the bank. I thought I was stepping on the brake with my left foot but I had both feet stepping down on the gas and brake and ran right into the brick wall. They wanted to know my account number but I didn’t tell them and left. Some smart alec kid wanted to know if I was all right “gramps” and I just told him to get lost. Prolly the same kid walking on my grass.

I think I’ll talk to my Senator. There should be a law about having brick walls that close to drive through lanes.

Just another factoid to mess with everyone’s head.

Every kart racer brakes left footed. Every Indycar, Formula 1 and nearly every NASCAR racer left foot brakes because the clutch is not needed for gearchanges. Shifter karts, Indycars and F1 cars don’t even HAVE a foot clutch. Discuss…

I agree. if you drive like a race car driver, tailgating, drafting, passing aggressively and protecting your position, it s better to keep a foot on the brake…

…and if I was racing on a closed track, I might consider adopting the technique.

I do not care if you choose one ore the other unless your brake lights are goin on every 50 ft as
i have seen. Then I think it a bad practice.

I was behind a two-foot driver on Rt.3 for miles today. Drove me nuts. The brake lights would go on for a while, then off, then on again, then off, the vehicle maintaining the same speed. In fairness, the switch could have been intermittent. But it drove me nuts. I had to leave tons of room, because if the driver had needed to really apply the brakes I never would have known.

Even with that, I still maintain that it’s ridiculous to think this can be controlled, or should be, with yet another unenforceable traffic regulation. And I still maintain that there are countless two-foot drivers that have never caused a problem and never will.

But I still believe one-footing and automatic is safer. God, this subject fills me with conflict!!!
(:stuck_out_tongue:

nobody give me a right answer, please, write on just 3 merits of one foot driving if you know, then i’ll do one foot driving from now on. nothing ? why don’t you answer ! i’m thirsty on it.

one foot driver is drive the car without knowing what’s wrong & what’s right.

There is no “right answer”. The right answer is what a specific driver chooses to do in their comfort zone.

Well I recommend to just relax. You’ll never know if I’m two footing it or not unless you are looking down at me from above, and I don’t think that’s legal in Minnesota. I don’t think I had a brake pedal on my go kart though and the clutch was a hand clutch so maybe that explains my confusion.

To change the subject though, I just got done using the clay bar on two cars and man if you have never clayed your car, I highly recommend just trying it. It really makes a difference. The finish is silky smooth and a good base for wax or polishing. It really doesn’t take more than a half hour or so and the whole Mother’s kit is only $20 with two clay bars, a micro fiber cloth, and the bottle of detailer. It lasts quite a while too. Really just try it and you won’t be satisfied with the car wash treatment any more.

all the people use a dangerous machine without knowing what’s wrong & what’s right.

the more it is dangerous, the more it is important to use the machine correctly.

it is the shame thing on human beings to use the machine like this.

even a child laught at this thing. ask them, children, which one is right !

@grandi, I didn’t give reasons because I don’t care how you drive. It’s none of my business, and your puerile position that your preference is better than mine isn’t worth refuting.

@grandi‌
The arguments for left footed braking and against are fraught with contradictions because it is a generalized concept that should be specifically applied. I don’t want to hear that left footed brakers ride their brakes all the time anymore then I want to hear that right footed brakers are driving their "equipment " incorrectly. They are both generalizations. . @grandi; with your logic, all manual transmission operators are doomed to failure and must have higher accident rates because of it…I have seen no such thing. Safely operating a car with both feet and left foot braking is a requirement at times but it doesn’t mean you do it all the time nor is it naturally better. Go break a leg and tell me you can’t adapt successfully.

Funny though, as much as “we” complain about rehashed topics, still, we dive right in instead of just wailing away. The best way to lodge your indifference, is to say nothing.

taxi drivers are famous for their safe driving…

oh no, that s not right…

Go break a leg and tell me you can't adapt successfully.

That happened to my sister-in-law…She’s a left foot braker…and she could NOT adapt. She had to be chauffeured around by her husband and kids for 4 weeks.

all the people use a dangerous machine without knowing what's wrong & what's right.

the more it is dangerous, the more it is important to use the machine correctly.

it is the shame thing on human beings to use the machine like this.

even a child laught at this thing. ask them, children, which one is right !

THERE IS NO RIGHT OR WRONG, only shades of gray (grey?) and opinions. As I said at the very beginning this has been rehashed so many times it’s just about useless. I really don’t see why it hasn’t been closed yet. And I for one wish it would be. You come here as a 1 post wonder and then complain that no one has answered you r question correctly. If you already know all the answers why ask? Hey how about we just go back to the tried and true subjects of Oil Change Intervals and Dino vs. synthetic?

I’ll answer @grandi 's question. What are the benefits of right foot braking?

Right foot braking means you never get confused and operate both the gas and brake at the same time - which is hard on any vehicle and dangerous in slippery conditions.

That is important for those that drive both manual and automatic trans cars - since you cannot drive a manual fully left foot braking because you MUST operate the clutch at some point. Right foot braking is still taught in a world nearly completely filled with automatic transmissions because most new drivers already have so much to learn that coordinating 4 limbs independently is mental overload.

As many here have illustrated, it comes down to a preference for everyday drivers.

If enough of you would like it closed, I can close it, but nothing has gotten out of hand. As long as it’s broadly on-topic and civil, I like to leave the choice to you to decide when you do or don’t want to talk about a subject, as many times as you wish.

I m not sure if i think it s spam for his blog, abuse for his stereotype of Europeans, or just a trolling troll.

I’m wondering, if using my right foot to brake is the wrong way to use my car, why is my brake pedal on my right?

On every car I’ve seen, the brake pedal is right of center of the steering wheel, with the only exception being cars that have a wider than usual brake pedal, and even on them, the extra wide brake pedal is skewed right. Surely, if car designers and engineers thought I should be using my left foot to brake, they would put the brake pedal on the left side, right? There would be no need to put the brake and gas pedals right next to each other. There would be considerable space between the two pedals.