Old Car With 10,500 Miles

Yeah, I’m jealous. $1,000 runs perfect AND already set up to tow?! Wow! Some guys have all the luck! Just kidding. I’ m sure I’m ‘lucky’ in other ways, and I’m happy for you.

@“Honda Blackbird” “… The owner left and as a matter of principle…offered it to anyone but the dealer.” I can relate to that. I’ve got a guy now who calls me up every Monday morning like clockwork to ask me if I’m still selling my Jeep. Yeah, but not for less than the junkyard would give me for it. I’ll donate it to charity and take the tax deduction first.

For $300 I could pour in that stuff they used to seize the engines on those cash-for-clunkers trade-ins and seize up the engine, and it would STILL be worth $300!

and I ask the guy if he wants to sell it within earshot of the lady of the house

Next time, try fanning out a stack of hundreds in her sight. There will be a vacuum created in the rush to liquidate “that eyesore” :smiley:

Haha…Yeah we are drowning in trees and grass here @“ken green” I enjoy the foliage to be honest. I lived in CA for a while and constantly missed the color and shade of big trees.

Yes @“Ed Frugal” she is set up to tow as well… Yesterday…after spending a grand total of 65 dollars… I was able to replace everything under the front passenger fender well and procure a front bumper…and the front fiberglass “Headlight Holder” piece that goes behind the grille, so I cannot complain about my U Pull it yard none too much. In fact…when looking for a truck or car…I usually make sure it is one that shows up in my Car and Truck U Pull it yard…so that I can obtain parts at ridiculously low prices. Hey it works for me…

Anywho…Its all back together and runs and drives perfectly. After I get an alignment I will focus on cleaning up the front end. I need to install the metal bumper behind the bumper cover…and that fiberglass headlight/grille holder up front…then…she is done. Its beautiful, aside from the front bumper cover damage…the interior doesn’t look sat in…and there isn’t a single scratch in the black paint… Not bad, not bad.

Blackbird

@“Honda Blackbird”

Unfortunately, at my local “u pull” yards . . . and there are a few to choose from . . . they price everything so high, that it’s only worth it to head over there on one of the 1/2 price weekends

And even at a 1/2 price weekend, I would have spent SIGNIFICANTLY more for all that stuff you mentioned

They are there to rake in money, hand over fist