Olaf and the Car Alarm

I like the idea of getting the car towed, but I have another suggestion. And it doesn’t require a tuxedo.

Olaf (aka caller) can walk by the car on his way to work every day and gently nudge it to trigger the alarm. After a week or so, the car’s battery should be dead, and he doesn’t have to hear the alarm in the middle of the night.

Great idea @jorgecolby. This idea was used in a 1960’s film. I forget the name, but it involved a robbery at an art museum. Maybe it was called “Kismet”. Anyway, in the movie, the art thieves triggered the alarm every night for a week. They did it by flying a boomerang through the light beams which were guarding the artwork as I recall. Finally the museum had to turn off the alarm b/c the neighbors were complaining that the alarm was waking them up night after night. The next night, the thieves walked away with the stolen art.

I think this idea of yours is good to go.

Yup, just trigger the bad boy every 45 min. You could get a street kid to do this for a few bucks. BTW send a letter to the embassy that you will have random people set off the alarm until the battery dies. . Also talk to the local police cheif as to the issue. the rank and file do not care. But the chief may want to put a grant proposal for extras to the feds. Your negative feedback to the senator may ice his grant dreams.

A better solution is to buy an aftermarket catalytic converter
made by Magnaflow. http://www.cwik.com/ sells them at the
lowest prices online and they offer free shipping.It was quick
and easy to order from them. The Magnaflow catalytic converters
breath better too and cost less than half as much as Dealer cats.