OK, some people keep their cars for over 200K miles

Always exceptions to the rule. My brother in law put close to 300k miles on a 2004 5.4 3 valve with no cam phaser or timing issues. I was kind of amazed, to be honest. Other BIL had a 2010 with the same engine that ignored a timing related CEL on a long trip and had serious engine issues at 60k miles.

A list of "advances " that aren’t. The '04 is more nimble to drive and better built ( the '15 has a “crack/creak” somewhere near the passenger A pillar that happens when the car physically warms). The '04 radio has knobs instead of narrow lines of a touch screen–better for my arthritic hands. The clock doesn’t show in the '15 unless the "TV " is on. The '04 has more comfortable seats and a left foot rest built in. The '04 has a wider range on the cruise control so that it doesn’t constantly downshift when the car drifts 3 mph above the set speed on down hills ( although it is way better than the "enhanced cruise control " on the '17 Camry I once rented). Although Toyota can’t be blamed for this , the battery on the '15 died at 4 1/2 years, and 12 years on the '04. The '15 has just had more niggling problems although both have been low maintenance by industry standards. (I do all of my own routine maintenance on all of my cars.) I would still probably buy another Toyota but I am not interested in driving a 4 wheel gaming computer so I don’t know if anything will be available if I ever decide to replace new again ( the '15 was intended to replace the '04). Don’t let me get started on E cars ( and I signed up for a Leaf before they were available).

Our fleet has several Yukons with the 5.3 AFM V-8

Every single one of them has had problems due to the AFM lifters

100% of them

Those GM vehicles with the 4.8 and the 6.0 have NOT had any lifter problems