Oil leak

WENT TO A HYUDAI DEALERSHIP (CAUSE ITS THE ONLY LOCAL DEALERSHIP THAT HAS A CERT.HONDA MECHANIC ) ABOUT AN OIL LEAK. FIRST THEY CLAIMED IT WAS THE OIL FILTER LEAKING, AND I HAD IT REPLACED. DIDN’T HELP. THEN THEY SAID IT WAS THE CRANK CASE AND THE OIL PAN. WANTED $800.00 I WENT TO ANOTHER PRIVATE SMALL SHOP HAD THE ENGINE STEAM CLEANED AND LOOKED AT, THIS GARAGE SAID IT WAS THE ABSOLUTELY VALVE COVER & I RETURNED TO THE HYUDAI DEALER, WAITED 4 HRS & THEY SAID THEY SEE NOTHING, NO OIL. CAME HOME AND IN 1HR THERE IS A POOL OF OIL ON MY GARAGE FLOOR. INTERESTING TO NOTE THAT THEY DID A VALVE ADJUSTMENT ON THIS CAR IN AUGUST AND THE VALVES HAVE BEEN CHATTERING EVER SINCE, THEY ARE TELLING ME THIS IS NORMAL.

Do you have a reputable independently owned and operated shop locally? If you do, you need to take it there and tell the owner the whole story.

It sounds like the dealership botched everything up from the moment they lifted the valve cover.
The garage that said the valvecover gasket was leaking, you might have been better off to just let them fix it rather than go back to the dealer. You probably could have had them properly adjust the valve lash too.

YOU PROBABLY NEED A NEW VALVE COVER GASKET GO BACK TO THE SMALL SHOP AND GET IT FIXED. (caps only for reference to op apologies for all of us hat find all caps offensive.)

Mechanical lifters may have a very slight ticking sound if they’re adjusted on the loose side of the tolerance but you should not hear them while behind the wheel.

Does your copy of the repair order show a new valve cover gasket being charged out to you when the valve adjustment was performed?
If they did not replace the gasket then that is a mistake and if they made an error on something like that then the adjustment process itself could be suspect also.

Honda valves are the easiest to adjust; any good mechanic can do it. No special parts or tools are needed.

The most common cause of oil leaks w/newer cars seems to be the valve cover. That should prove simple to fix. Any well recommended inde shop can do it for you. It’s hard to say if the noise you are hearing is b/c the valves were adjusted a little too loose. One thing in your favor, if they are adjusted loose, that’s better than too tight. Adjusting the valves is usually a pretty simple job for an experienced tech, so if the shop that did it, if they did it incorrectly, that’s cause enough not to use them again in my book.

The vale cover gasket can be reused in some cases, depends on how hard the rubber has become, but whether new or reused, it needs a spot of RTV in the corners by the cam seal cover. If it didn’t get a little, then it will leak at these points.

Solid lifters should make a little noise that can be heard with the hood up. If you can’t hear them with the hood up, then they may be too tight and if they are too tight, hot gasses will erode the valve face (aka burned valves).

Get a second opinion from another independent shop, ask around for a good one.

I am not sure if it is a typo or not, seems like you are going to the Hyundai dealer for a Honda, because their mechanic is Honda certified too. Unless you have warranty coverage, I would stay away from the dealer. Also nothing special about Honda’s, any good technician should be able to do the work.

All caps is screaming at the top of your lungs in internet talk. +1 for @galant on this one. A good independent mechanic will fix your problem. Watch those caps.