Oil leak

Hi. I have a 1995 Toyota Camry. It has leaked a little oil off and on for awhile, but seemed to need just a quart of oil every few months. A couple of weeks ago, I was a t the gas station, checking air in my tires, water in the radiator, and I needed to put in 2 qts. of oil. For some reason I got distracted and forgot to put the oil cap back on the engine. I drove 30mls x2 and realized that there was a funny smell that I needed to check. Looked under the hood and found the oil cap sitting there! Went to the gas station checked the oil and it needed 2 qts. once again. Went to the car wash, washed out the inside of the car (shielding the alternator from water), went home and my car started showing sizable puddles of oil under the car for the next several days and the dip stick showed nothing after 4 days (usually means 2 qts down)! 2 qts in 4 days–what’s going on? Thanks.

My guess is that either your drain plug or your oil filter is unscrewing itself and is about to fall off. The only way to find out for sure is to get under the car.