Oil leak 95 golf

I have an oil leak that looks like it is coming from on top of my oil filter. The metal housing above the filter has some sort of electrical sensor with a rubber sleve over it. It looks like the leak is coming from there. What is this called and is this a bigger problem than it appears?

It might be the oil pressure sender. It should be simple to replace.

Thanks! I will check it out during lunch