Oil deposits on reverse side of throttle valve: Toyota vs other makes?

Customer status is an interesting way of saying no longer employed here, I have not heard that one before. But when I read it, my mind went to a case that I am familiar with were a guy who couldn’t seem to do even the simplest jobs was moved to customer service, but he didn’t stink, as in body odor. He did stink as a mechanic though.

Yeah unfortunately I have had to promote a few techs to customer status… but one of many that stand out was a guy that the store manager and I both interviewed him separately and together and thought he would make a great addition to the team, well boy were we wrong!! lol… He was in the Navy and we both thought he would be very clean and organized and well—NO, I finally had to tell him he had to go, gave him multiple chances… I mean he just did basic oil changes and looked like he had been in the coalmines for years never coming out to change cloths, just couldn’t figure out how he got that dirty not doing anything much, he couldn’t turn 20 hours a week… lol

You probably should have checked his DD-214 before you hired him. Might have found out that it was an “LTH” (less than honorable). Minimum enlistment in the Navy is 4 years. Many will get up to 90 days early out if they have served honorably.

Anything less than 3 years, 9 months is suspect. I believe that also applies to the Air Force as well, but sometimes the Army and the Marines offer a 3 year enlistment. Can’t speak to minimums for the reserves though, never understood their time in service rules, never really cared.

That is why we thought he would be good, he served his 4 years and was honorable, the store manager was a retired 20 (+) year Drill Sargent for the Army, so he knew all the stuff to look for… He was by far the top 2 people I ever worked for/with…

My wife and I have owned several businesses and she (bless her heart) had to have a “chat” with an employee that had overwhelming BO. It was a difficult conversation for her but it absolutely needed to happen - the employees and the customers couldn’t stand another day of it! :nauseated_face: We called our attorney prior to the conversation just to make sure we weren’t doing anything potentially illegal. Personal hygiene isn’t a protected class but if it’s due to an underlying condition, it can get a bit dicey. Odors caused by medications or a medical condition are covered by the ADA but, thankfully, this was just a case of inadequate hygiene.

1 Like