Oil change

I PURCHASED A 2008 HYUNDAI ELANTRA IN WHICH I DO MY OWN OIL CHANGES (SO FAR 3)I RECEIVED A RECALL NOTICE ON THE FUEL PUMP SO I CALLED THE DEALER TO GET THE PUMP TAKEN CARE OF AND WHEN I TOLD THEM IT HAS 10,000 MILES ON IT I WAS ASK IF THE OIL HAS BEEN CHANGED I REPLIED YES IT HAS 3 TIMES THEIR NEXT RESPONSE WAS WHO DOES IT I TOLD THEM I DO THEN I WAS TOLD BY ME DOING MY OWN OIL CHANGES MY WARRANTY COULD BE VOIDED WHATS UP WITH THAT?I KEEP THE RECEIPTS THE OIL FILTER TOP AND LOG IN MILEAGE IN THE MAINTENANCE BOOK WILL I HAVE A PROPLEM WITH THIS IF I END UP WITH RELATED ENGINE PROBLEMS?

For most brands, changing your own oil does not impact the warranty if you keep records and sign them. However, Hyundai can set the conditions of their own warranty, so if your owners/warranty manual says that the oil must be changed by an authorized dealer during the period of the warranty, and that does not violate any consumer protection laws in your state, you may have a problem.

If the engine blows during the warranty period, they will use any way they can to weasel out, you can be SURE of that…Read your warranty, all of it, to discover all the loopholes built into it…

PLEASE STOP SHOUTING. I thought they had to prove that any failure was related to improper oil change before they could deny a claim. I don’t recall their sales ads mentioning that all oil changes had to be done at the dealer. I would think they would have to include that disclaimer. Why don’t you call your Hyundai factory rep and see what he/she has to say about it?

The only time they can use the excuse that an oil change by someone other than the dealer is a reason for any reduction in warranty coverage is if they provide FREE service or if they can provide evidence that the oil change was not done correctly. You are expected to be able to provide evidence that the change was done using the correct materials. Receipts for the products used is sufficient.

The only way you should have a problem is if they provide free changes or if they can prove you did not do the job properly and that a problem was the result of not doing it properly. 

Please loose the ALL CAPS.  They are hard to read.