OBD Code for Transmission Nissan Frontier

Hey everyone. Posting about another problem with my truck here. A bigger one this time. I got a 2002 Nissan Frontier supercharged and the transmission is slipping. Throws code p0744 and another one that just says 17. If anybody that experienced these codes before can tell me if it’s the torque converter or solenoid? Or something else. Thanks

P0744 is a bad torque convertor clutch solenoid valve. You can find descriptions of the codes and a list of symptoms and causes with a simple google search.

As for the code 17, that is not a standard trouble code but there IS a button right thereon the screen labled “code search”. Why don’t you touch that button and see what that tells you?

Hi, joiklaa…

What app are you using? It looks to show more information than what I’m using and I’d like to get it.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum…

Joiklaa has not been back on the forum since Nov 26, 2021, so there is a good chance they may not see this post, but anything is possible I guess…

@peejay75, welcome to the forum from me too.

Consider posting a new message from the main page asking for recommendations on an OBD-II scanner. Tell us what you have, what you like about it, and what you wish it could do. Several frequent posters here have scanners and could help you find one. It would help to know the year, make and model of the cars/trucks you own to customize a recommendation for you. There’s a button at the top right if the main screen that says “+ New Topic”. Press it and start typing.

(will do, thanks!)