Now You Too Can Have Your Very Own Dashcam!

You have to hold down the alt key while you are entering the numbers and you have to use the calculator number pad to the right of the keyboard, that means your number lock has to be on. It doesn’t work with the typewriter number keys. The + sign is not used.
This is if you have a PC using the Windows operating system. Macs work differently.

You can also just find a website that has those symbols and cut and paste them to your post.

Macintosh is easier.
ç (option c)
é (option e then e)
í (option e than i)
ü (option u then u)
Ü (option u then shift u)
ä (option u then a)
† (option t)
Ω (option z)
etcetc

B.L.E. wrote:
You can also just find a website that has those symbols and cut and paste them to your post

It’s easier to use the Character Map program already present instead of searching for web sites.

I understand dashcams are mandatory on trucks in Russia. A recent collection of footage shows the incredibly stupid mistakes by Russian truck drivers resulting in completely avoidable accidents.

It's easier to use the Character Map program already present instead of searching for web sites.

Now I learned something!
Dankeschön! I raise a shot of Jägermeißter to you!

In one ear and out the other. I’m still trying to get my Christmas labels printed. Maybe a character map program next year.

Whoops I’m late getting back to the discussion. I now use a laptop so I don’t have a calculator number pad anymore, all I have is the row of number keys at the top of the typewriter keys.

Character Map program? Well I’m in over my head again. Glad you guys are learning though.

Is it still called a dashcam if its pointed at the driver? They installed those in the trucks at the company I work for, and many of the drivers got HOT about that. Say they they can’t even so much as pick their nose without the boss watching. I thought, “Welcome to the 21st century!” I’m not intimately familiar with what goes on in that division of the company, but I have heard that they lost a few of their better drivers lately, either because of that, or that was the final straw in a series of unpopular changes the company made. Apparently if you have a clean CDL, you have “options” regarding where you are employed.

Hit the “windows” and “r” keys at the same time. A window will pop up asking you which program you want to run. Enter “charmap” and hit ok. A huge list of charactors will pop up that you can copy and paste from.

There! I just did it on my wife’s number pad free laptop. ®
I can even type in Russian.
Πривет

® Huh, it works. Still can’t find the Avery templates though, but that’s another time. When I got my computer last year the guy spent about an hour going over everything I could do and the keys I could hit to do special stuff. Unfortunately though, a couple hours later I had forgotten most of it. I sure miss having someone proficient in computers around.

®ëâll¥? ® FäsÇináting, büt timè ©õnšüming.