Non experienced driver using a car

Hi there

i want to ask your advice on this.

my wife has just got the drivers licence she has 15-20 of driving experience basically we will share the care for a couple of months (6) to be specific. my car is not new or expensice is a cheap car but i really like it and is in mint condition i own it since it is new

i am worried about engince/transmision and suspension damage to my car and the questions is what can i do to prepare the car to minimize that damage again i am aware at least i will have several scratches over the car but a paint job can fix that what i am really worried is my car to be turned in junk!

my wife learn to drive on manual trans and my car is manual trans as well and she is gonna drive in the city only not in the highway

thanks in advance and have a good day

I can’t say there’s very much you can do to minimize potential damage that an inexperienced driver may or may not cause to your car simply by driving it. Probably the best thing would be to make sure she’s good and practiced driving it before going out on the roads much. Let her zip it around a large, empty parking lot until she gets comfortable with how it rides, and then let her on your way. It’s out of your hands at that point.

my wife has just got the drivers licence she has 15-20 of driving experience … my wife learn to drive on manual trans and my car is manual trans as well

I don't exactly understand.  She has 15-20 years of driving experinece and she just got her driver's license?  What are you worried about?  Even in Ireland where they are really behind they are no where close to 15 years delay in getting drivers certified.

You can install a monitoring device that can tell you if the car is being operated at unsafe speeds.Place a tracking device on the car so you can be aware if she uses a road that is known to be dangerous.Install a camera inside the car to let you know if she is eating,texting,applying make-up,playing with the radio or giving rides to people you think could cause her to drive in a unsafe manner.

sorry 15-20 hours of driving experience

my god no i not the FBI ,(sounds good but not affordable)
unsafe speed is something i dont worry about she doesnt drive at more than 35mph
eating i dont care i installed protective covers to the seats in advance to prevent damage /make up i am used to it she does it everyday on the way job i was more worried about excesive engine wear or suspension damage due to hits with sidewalls (does are expensive to repair)
i think budd2049 is right just have bunch of practice in this 7 days left and then pretty much is out of my hands

“Even in Ireland where they are really behind”

lol Ok sorry but that one needs an explanation as I am from Ireland. …

“I was more worried about excesive engine wear or suspension damage due to hits with sidewalls”

If she only has 15-20 hrs. of driving experience, then I think that you have to be prepared for her to wear out the clutch prematurely–unless she is a very fast learner in terms of driving a manual transmission. Engine damage? Unless she has a habit of driving at 35 mph in 1st gear, I think that engine damage is not likely.

As to suspension damage (and tire damage) from hitting the curb with the tire sidewalls, parking without hitting a curb is something that requires both practice and experience. Hopefully, you can spend some time with her behind the wheel, in order to give her more experience with judging her curb clearances when parking, and also to give her more experience with the operation of the clutch. Other than experience, I can’t think of anything that will prevent damage from her operation of the car. There is really no substitute for experience in these matters.

I dont quite understand what you are try to say
can you please refrase it, and i am sorry for the gramatical error on my original post i was writting while i was on a call