Noisy ride...with weird exception

Hi All,

I have a 2005 Chevy Cavalier and have been realizing that the ride has been getting noisier, but when I make a left hand turn ( or even turn the wheel 5 degrees or so to the left) it is much quieter. It sounds like a low vibrating sound and seems to shake the whole front end of my chassis. I can feel feel the vibration through the gas pedal, and it continues even when in nuetral or without the gas depressed. It is worse between 40-65 mph. Does anyone have an idea as to what this is? Loose parts, misalignment, motor mounts, bad belts? And what it might cost to have this fixed?

Much obliged

Chillbur

Oh yeah. I recently had all my fluids done at jiffy lube so I thought this would be more of a mechanical problem.

Have the wheel bearings and CV joints checked. My vote is bearings.

I’ll suggest that to the mechanic when I go later this week. Thanks and I’ll let you know if that was it.

or balljoints, but more likely bearings

Shaking could be bearings, but my first guess would be a CV joint on the fritz. In any event, this should be looked at asap. It isn’t going to get better by itself. And if you get a complete cv or bearing failure, it could create a dangerous driving situation.