Noise on sharp turns, pontiac montana

OUR MONTANA 2003 MAKES NOSIE WHEN PULLING INTO A PARKING SPACE AT TIME OR SHARP TURNS, ETC. PONTIAC MECHANIC SAYS IT IS BECAUSE OF THE TYPE OF POWER STEERING FLUID THE FACTORY PUT, THEY HAVE REPLACED IT WITH SYNTHETIC TWICE IN ONE YEAR AND IT STILL MAKES THE SAME NOISE. IT IS STILL UNDER WARRENTY BUT COST $80.00 EACH TIME. THEY SAID IT IS COMMON WITH THIS TYPE OF VEHICLE, BUT WE ARE AFRAID IT WILL BECOME MORE SERIOUS. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA AS TO WHAT IT COULD BE CAUSING THE NOISE.

THANKS LINDAP

does it do this both directions?

does it do this when you are turning really sharp? like when hard over?
how about just normal cornering?

is this happening when at highway speeds?

did you take the guy out for a drive and let him hear exactly what you are talking about?

not to be flip, but sometimes your description isn’t understood, or interpreted the same way, unless they hear the same noise you do.

Try describing the noise itself. Just saying “noise” means little.

Does it do it if you are turning the wheel if the car is not moving or only when the car is moving?

I have a 2001 Pontiac Montana experiencing the same noise, like a pop of a joint. It only occurs on very sharp - 90 degree - turns, for me to the right. It does not happen as often if I am coasting into the turn. I am also experiencing the following:

(A) Very shrill “nails on chalkboard” grinding when applying the brakes. It does sound like it is coming from the back of the vehicle. Not sure though.

(B) “Chirping” noise from the passenger side under hood. Almost sounds like behind front passenger side tire. All belts were changed and re-changed. They can’t seem to locate the chirp. Good thing is that it scares deer.

© On occasion - very little - the van shifts very hard from third to fourth. This happens most if I am driving from interstate to back roads or have been parked in idle for any length of time. Some bo-zo mechanic said a Pontiac takes time to get “use to the driver”. It started after a lengthy repair where the computer & battery were unhooked. Anyway the idiot told me that it should “work itself out” well, now a year later, it still happens.