No turn signals

1988 chevy 3500 i have no turn signals or backup lights i keep blowing fuses every time i move the switch to turn signal on both directions but the flashers work.I dont really care about back up lights just thought this might be related i am thinking theres a short somewhere but how do go about find this thanks for any help

Since you are having trouble with a fuse blowing there most likely is a short in the wiring for the turn signals. You stated that the flashers work so that most likely means the wiring to the lights is ok so the wiring in the steering column may be where the trouble is for that problem.

As for the reverse lights they are on a different circuit and I would suspect the reverse switch may be the trouble there. I am assuming the light bulbs are ok. There may also be a bad connection in the rear wiring to them.

I INSTALLED A NEW TURN SIGNAL SWITCH JUST THINKING THIS WAS WHERE SHORT MIGHT BE NO LUCK KEEPS BLOWING FUSES WHEN SIGNAL IS USED . LOOKED AT THE WIRES BY HAND THAT I COULD SEE IN THE STEERING COLUMN AND UNDER DASH NO BROKEN WIRES SEEN THE FUSE IS ONLY A 15 CAN I UP THE FUSE SIZE WITH OUT ANY PROBLEMS
THANKS FOR ANY HELP

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

The fuse is doing its job. You’ll make matters MUCH worse if you put in a bigger fuse!

Make sure the wires going to the hazard light switch are in good shape too.

Get a continuity tester and test the continuity between the wires you can see coming out of the steering column and the same colored wires at the bulb socket. when you find one without continuity that is probably the one with the short or break.