No more Ford

I don’t think trumper tantrum would make it a year before being impeached given his comments about waterboarding, nukes, ban on muslems etc… Pence would probably be ok, To keep it car related Trumps claim ford “plans to fire all its employees in the United States.” is bogus,
CEO Mark Fields, appearing on CNN Thursday, said “zero” jobs will be lost in the U.S. and that “it is really unfortunate when politics get in the way of the facts.” Even though Ford is expanding in Mexico, it is planning to replace small-car production in its U.S. plant network with higher-profit trucks and SUVs.

I’ll get off it but I really don’t believe it is pneumonia. Maybe has that too but that’s not the whole issue. There is more of a neurological issue causing the eyes to not follow each other, the fainting, paralysis, and memory issues. Even several years ago Huma had commented that she needed to be reminded of things like the names of heads of state, appointments, and so on. This is not something that just developed on 9/9. Got nothing to do with Fox but you’ve got to admit CNN and MSNBC are pretty one-sided and don’t tell the whole story. Then I noticed today the WaPo brought up the Hitler comparison. What’s the name of that phenomenon again that its only a matter of time until Hitler is brought up in a cat fight? H burned through $50 million last month in negative ads and expect more of the same kind of thing. I’m not particularly happy either, but like I said my disdain for her goes way back before there was Fox.

I was never in favor of dynasties, but 20 of the last 28 years under 2 families, Bush 12 and Clinton 8 and going for 24 of the last 32 years sucks, though I will not vote for trump. Of course Jeb Bush would have carried on the same dynasty if possible.

Your comments about Mrs. Clinton are way off base, @bing. Your dislike of her is no good reason to fabricate stories about her. Even Donald Trump is not doing that.

3 Likes

Ford has promised that “not one job” will be lost in the US. They say they will be building other models in Mexico so they will not take jobs away from US factories. I hope we can take them to their word.

Thank you for your diagnosis “Doctor”. Amazing how you can do that just from watching her on TV! When do you start on curing cancer??

2 Likes

Godwin’s rule.

1 Like

Here’s the deal, @DfromSD: Ford will put production where they can make the most money. In this case, they can put truck or SUV products in the plant where the small car was made and move small production to Mexico. FCA will do something similar when they stop Dodge Dart production. They will replace Dart production with Jeep Cherokee production. The Dart will cease production, of course. The similarity is that a product that can’t be assembled in the USA at a profit will be replaced with one that is profitable.

Stop watching Fox entertainment and their conspiracy theories.

2 Likes

And you think that fat slob Trump is a model of health . . . ?!

Please don’t insult my intelligence, or anybody else’s

:wink:

I think Trump’s short fuse and other personality traits might make it fairly likely that he will suffer a massive heart attack or stroke, should he become president

Apparently what many other people would brush off, he lets it eat away at him, and then he explodes

Not exactly a healthy way to live

:smiling_imp:

Trump has the temperament and maturity of an 8yo. That’s what we want - an 8yo in control of the football.

2 Likes

His alarming inclination gained new attention when MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough reported that a foreign policy expert who briefed Trump said the candidate asked him repeatedly, “Why can’t we use nuclear weapons?”

1 Like

Well, it probably alarmed msnbc’s tens of viewers.

1 Like

Please try to keep this car-related. Thank you.

One more political note and then I’ll move back to cars. Both candidates are less than five years younger than I am and both suffer from the same affliction I suffer with–Geezeritis. If Harry Truman were President, we wouldn’t be talking about the end of Ford; we would be talking about strengthening Chrysler Corporation. Harry liked his Chryslers. As for me, as an Indiana boy, I am running as an independent on a.platform to bring back the Studebaker. Look at all the problems we have had after Studebaker’s demise in the mid 1960s. Studebaker even had an EV back in the early 1900s.

1 Like

You would definitely get my vote!
Back in the '90s, I had a very vivid dream one night that had to do with the return of Studebaker.

In my dream, I was walking along the street in Manhattan, and I suddenly realized that the curb on this one particular street was lined with brand-new Studebakers.
They looked exactly like the last models to come off the Canadian assembly line in 1966, but they were all painted in very modern colors, and they looked great.
At that point in the dream, I realized that I was adjacent to the New York Coliseum, where the new car show was being held.
In my dream, I began jumping up and down for joy and shouting, “They brought Studebaker back!”

When I woke up and realized that this was just a dream, I was very disappointed.
:frowning:

I wish everyone would stop comparing Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler. It isn’t fair.

Hitler was a decorated war veteran. He should never be compared to a lousy draft dodger.

1 Like

Like I said, on our drive back from NY, I managed to convince the wife that we should take in the Studebaker Museum in South Bend. They also had a display with the South Bend lathe and the Oliver plows that were made in SB. It was very interesting and very well done and even she liked it. It did leave me thinking about some of the great manufacturing businesses that have lost and why. There’s lots of car history in Indiana.

I was listening to NPR this morning and they were talking about Duryea Motor in Springfield MA. Never heard of the company before. One of the first car companies in the US. GOing to have to take a Saturday trip there someday.