No Headlights on a 2005 Nissan 3.5 SE

My brother-in-law called me tonight after he had to drive home without headlights. The car is a 2005 Nissan 3.5 SE. The car is fully loaded, and has the auto headlight option. The switch does work to turn on every other lamp, including the parking and brake lights, fog lights, etc.

I checked and the car does not have a fuse for the headlights, but it probably has a fusible link. My question is, has anyone had this problem, and if so, what was the solution? And does anyone know if the headlights have one fusible link for both headlights or two, one for each? I doubt the problem is the switch, since the switch works for every other light except the headlights.

I would check for fuses again, please take a look at the attached file, it is a schematic for your car. The fuses must be in the box inside under the hood, according to it. Check for power at the headlamp anyway, could be loose or bad lamps.

I did find a solenoid in the circuit for the high-beam switch, I forgot to mention that all the lights were reported to shut off when the high-beam switch was engaged. Thank you for providing this schematic.