Next Older Car?

I enjoy maintaining and driving older cars … mainly those models I had some connection with as a youth. I am considering a clean 1979 Buick Limited, 1971 Buick Riviera, 1985 Buick Riviera, and a 1991 Cadillac Eldorado, as well as a 1965 Chevy Impala. The Impala is pretty much out of my price range, so it will probably be between the Caddy and Buicks. Any thoughts on these models?

Overall, they are pretty evenly matched in condition. Thanks

The oldest cars will be easier to maintain. The '71 Riviera shouldn’t be burdened with a computer so you don’t need to mess with emissions codes. Just a big old 456ci engine with lots of HP and torque. It’s also the most stylish, next to the Impala.

Forget the Riviera, the body is the only thing special about it. I recommend the 1975 Caprice Classic or the 1976 Impala with the two doors and concave rear window.

The OP seems to have 4 specific cars in mind. What do you suggest from the list above?

Any pre-pollution devices are the easiest to maintain. Many of the older classics have many many many aftermarket parts at reasonable prices.