New Tires Recommendation

It’s normal maintenance, part of any car ownership experience. With that said the CrossClimate 2’s seem to be very well regarded. You’ll likely be happy with them.

1 Like

Yeah my last set was about $1100. I didn’t get a new quote but the guy said prices are up over five years ago. At any rate it amounts to about 2 1/2 cents per mile, so is just something that has to be allowed for.

That is why I always recommend checking the tire size and cost of tires and availability, and if you don’t like the price, buy a cheaper vehicle… lol

And yes, the last set I bought with employee pricing was over $700 for cheap car… And I am about to drop $600 on a set for a truck that has only been driven about 20K miles since Feb 2007 and the tires then were under $300…

So yes, tires have gone up like everything else but my monthly paycheck… lol

Two or four tires? Michelins for my truck were quite a bit more.

4 tires, I get a employee (retired) discount… lol

Normally well over $800, and they are basic 15" size tires for a 93 Chevy 1500…

Mine are 17” on an F150

1 Like

Not sure about your car, I am looking at Michelin defender m/s

I had Defenders, and later, Michelin Premier tires on my 2011 Outback, and I liked them both very much. What I really like about the Cross Climate tires is that they bear the mountain peak/snowflake symbol, indicating that they are far better in winter conditions that other so-called all-season tires. So, no more need for a separate set of winter tires.

https://www.tirerack.com/upgrade-garage/what-is-the-threepeak-mountain-snowflake-symbol

1 Like

Had the defenders previously. I was happy with them. They do a good job plowing the streets where I am, but sounds like you have had good snow experience.

I don’t yet have the Cross Climate tires. But, they are on my agenda when the Bridgestone Alenzas on my vehicle are ready for replacement–probably w/in 12 months. Yes, I like to plan ahead. :wink:

Just with the caveat that according to their literature, they were designed for light snow not deep snow. Sometimes you get stuck someplace need to drive through deep snow to get back home. Sometimes staying an extra hour can make a big difference, especially on Friday the 13th.

Or Saturday the `14th. Saturday the 14th - Wikipedia

Not ready. Just getting over the mummy.

I just put Nokian WR G4 tires on my Outback. They’re nice and quiet, 3PMSF rated, and less expensive than Crossclimates. Plus, who knows more about snow than the Finns.