New timing belt, car wont start

Mechanic cant figure out why. :grinning:

:grinning:

2 Likes

First day on the job?

You have the timing belt installed backwards.

Tester

Backwards indeed!!!

Not mine. Just a download from facebook.

I think he just needs to move a few pulleys and it will be all good.

2 Likes

I see the problem. The timing belt jumped 385 teeth. Gonna have to start over. :wink:

2 Likes

LOL, this is just too funny. Thanks keith. :laughing:

If that isnā€™t a bloody novice, then that guy definitely needs a stronger pair of eyeglasses :eyeglasses:

Or maybe it was done on a hangover monday :beers:

The engine kind of reminds me of my Toyota Tercel :smirk:

I thought that too. 3AC or 4AC.

Wow. Thatā€™s pretty astounding. Someoneā€™s mind must have really been wandering that dayā€¦

Hopefully thatā€™s not an interference engine.

I have to believe this is a joke. No qualified mechanic could possibly be that stupid. Not even a novice. The only person I can see doing this is someone whoā€™s only been wrenching for a week.

At least itā€™s a timing belt with two sides. If a Mobius strip timing belt got installed, Twilight Zone time. That kind of car could take you into another dimension entirely ā€¦ lol ā€¦

I donā€™t believe the belt is backwards as stated, there is no proper direction of rotation visible in the picture.

West of the Mississippi we would say ā€œinside outā€.

Iā€™ve seen a set of brake pads installed ā€œinside outā€, meaning they were installed with the friction surface facing outward, away from the rotor. And the work was from a shop, a customer paid for that work.

I assumed that pic is a joke, as I saw it on several other sites.

Iā€™ll admit, it took me a bit before I realized I was seeing the teeth sticking outwards.

I believe that belt is for use South of the equator.

1 Like