New cars whats the point?

I have been a mechanic and body man for more then 20 years and I have a vast knowlege of the things I have talk about on this site.

Then give us a cost breakdown of updating, say a 1968 Mustang to 2008 emissions and safety standards. Include air bags, side impact protection, etc.

Cuba is a small island. They don’t put much mileage on cars. And would you really want to drive one of those on a modern U.S. highway?

And, rich, don’t forget to include the cost of crash testing several '68 Mustangs at a research facility in order to fine-tune the sensitivity of the sensors that drive the air bag mechanisms! Please be sure that you also include rental costs for the research facility (unless you own your own) and the salaries for the consulting engineers who will be necessary to design the placement and the fine-tuning of the air bags.

And, of course, you will need a separate group of consulting engineers for figuring out how to add ABS to this car, and another group of engineers to work on the emissions aspect, and perhaps another group to work on the design of the crumple zones that will have to be designed for the 40 year old car. (of course, that will entail essentially totally re-designing the chassis).

I can hardly wait to see how the total cost of facility rental, salaries, crash testing several vehicles, plus the cost of the air bags, sensors, structural alterations and all of the related electronics on the test cars and on the “finished product” car compares to that of a new car.

know your’e knot.

a caar doosnt coost haulf as muuc bying aftermakkt paerts to maike liek a gnu won.

how youse can sa dat is doofus

That may be the best punchline, ever!!

Don’t forget collapsable steering column, steel door beams, seat belts, head restraints, crush zones (which is actually impossible), padded dash, disc brakes, and decent handling including rack and pinion steering to replace the recirculating ball steering.

I can’t wait to hear how he gets the unburned hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide down without computer controlled multiport injection with all its sensors.

Hmmmmm…I have to ask myself…if I were an auto body man would I want everyone driving new cars or old beaters? Nah, this isn’t coherant enough to indicate an ulterior motive.

mountainbike–Are you really trying to find any kind of logic in the deluded ramblings from that guy? It may appear that there is some logic involved, but that is likely just as unlikely as this person having attended high school.

First he was a mechanic AND an auto body man, now he is exporting cars from Japan to the US. If that is true, then I predict that Japan will cease diplomatic relations with the US.

rich:

you may not realize the difference between FACT and ADVERTISING.

everything you see and hear on the internet, the TV, and the radio is NOT necessarily true.

don’t expect others to follow suit and believe just because YOU do.

and then; don’t get all indignant when others don’t follow blindly along with you on your ‘point of view’.

if you want to read others ‘points of view’ which make no sense, and are a waste of time… oops i meant, others valuable point of view, look up the other posts on here, like: water for fuel, and hydrogen brown gas generator.

these are two identical posts, just like yours based on someone (with innocent intent) taking an advertisement as fact.

Nah, not really. Maybe in my own weird way I’m trying to pass some logic on to his end of the conversation. I suppose I have about as much chance of that as I have of becoming a world class gymnast!

You have the power and they know it. There olny powerfull if you let them be. No money no power. Show them what we want and don’t let them push you around.

The first thing would be the suspition system
Around $2000
Next and new trans with padel shift about $3500
Alcohol convertion kit and fuel injection $1350
Air bags from 96 and knewer Mustang $1600
Side impact beams, boxed frame, and roll cage, $2000
Other odds and ends like some lighter carbon fiber hood, doors and what not about $4000
Rear diff to better get alcohol efficancy $500
So when done your looking at about $15,000 + the cost of the car.
But you would get on alcohol about 30mpg and over 500hp 0 to 60 in less then 4 1/2 and it would drive like a a Ferrari in the bends with the Street Challnge chassis and suspention parts. + we got the 1966 Stangs looks and that always a +!!
With some up graded Brembo brakes and ceramic pads you could run with the big dogs like a Z06 Vette for less then $25,000.

Ask an F1 driver if a crumple zone ever saved his life when he hit the wall at 200+. I build world class rollcages and this car would be 10 time safer then any new car could be. we change interior from knewer cars so many of these things are already in the car! We hide everything so you can’t even tell it’s there.