New brake pads on scarred rotor

The 2004 2.2L Malibu comes with two different size rotors. 276 and 296 mm.
I’m fairly certain the Z body uses the smaller 276 mm (10.86") rotor.

LOL, don’t feel that way. I can’t do my own brakes either. The last time I tried I jacked up the front end of my truck, removed the lug nuts, and was cramped up so badly I had to ask a neighbor to put the wheels back on and take the truck off the jackstands! A few weeks later, after I was able to stand again, I had the guys at the college where I worked do the job. If my manhood were based on my ability to do things I’d be in serious trouble! :grin:

If that was an actual criteria for man hood than a lot of males would not qualify.

1 Like

Including many doctors, lawyers, and Indian chiefs. Hugh Hefner probably doesn’t know how to do his own brakes, and I consider his manhood to be well established! :laughing:

1 Like

Well established manhood or not . . . I can’t stand Hugh Hefner

1 Like

Fair enough.
But I added his name for a chuckle rather than as an endorsement. :smile: I hope you at least got a chuckle out of it.

1 Like

I did :laughing:

I’ve seen riveted pads to shoes but I can’t remember ever seeing pads bolted to shoes .

I was about to feel all MANLY because I can do brake work and now you guys have spoiled it for me… But come to think of it the last time I rotated the tires on my Blazer it took me 4 hours and half a bottle of aspirin. Does that raise my standing or lower it?

1 Like

Yeah, I think that’s what he meant. Now my nit: Brake shoes have linings, disc brakes have pads.

2 Likes

Well, I only saw the part of the hardware that stuck out and created the grooves in the drum, so for all I know, they most likely were rivets.