Need help finding a super low mileage "new" 2004-2007 Subaru STI

Collectors have a different way of looking at things. There’s a tv show about collectors I watch occasionally. Why? Cute hostess … lol … , one episode was about a guy who collected Doctor Who stuff. Tardis’s of all sizes and shapes, sonic screwdrivers, Tom Baker-ish scarfs, you name it, he had it. I was very happy that he had it … and I didn’t … lol …

Yep exactly. And I’m willing to give someone thousands of dollars if they know of one and help

Then contact every classic car dealer you can find on the web . That will have a better chance of finding what you want then ramdom forums where you post can drop out of sight in a few days .

Dealers do the same thing as me 90% of the time

too good to be true? 0 mikes it says! https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=683379920&listingTypes=USED&startYear=2015&makeCode1=SUB&modelCode1=SUBWRX&sem=1&store=&LNX=SPGOOGLENONBRANDVLA&utm_source=GOOGLE&utm_medium=sem_listings-vla_perf&utm_campaign=at_na_na_national_evergreen_roi_na_na&utm_content=feed_na_na_na_na_spgooglenonbrandvla_na&utm_term=PRODUCT_GROUP&ds_rl=1289225&ds_rl=1294008&gclid=Cj0KCQjw7PCjBhDwARIsANo7Cgnp9XM-pYY9XzS6DPidSRc7Affo1EyFpzAJSHFzYK6GL1ktolgLqz8aAioXEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

So what ? They each know and see other dealers . Have you tried that ? I am now out of here because you only seem to want opinions and ideas you like .

That’s a 2015 @Barkydog He wants a 2004-2007. Good idea to look around though.

@CTcollector, you might try online at a classic car seller like F40 Motorsports if you haven’t already. They don’t have one but it’s out of their wheelhouse. I thought of them because they are close to you. You might stop by and ask for suggestions and see if Carini might be willing to help you look. Subaru car clubs might also be a good place to ask if you haven’t already. Carini may be aware of classic/unique car sellers that might be in your lane. Keep looking and make as many friends as you can. Your u never can tell who might eventually come up with your dream car.

Correct, to buy a special interest car from a dealer for a finder’s fee is a fantasy, dealers will get as much as they can for any vehicle.

A co-worker made an offer to our used car manager on a trade-in, a Grand Cherokee SRT8. A few days later he was told that they could not sell this vehicle because it was modified. I’m sure the real reason is they received a better offer from a wholesaler.

Our home was owned by a retiring military member whose wife worked civil service… the Wife had worked in the Embassy in Beijing, China and she stated collecting Pandas, a lot of Pandas… I photographed all the rooms when we first toured the place so we could look back while we decided. This photo is the Guest Room that I use today as my office/computer room.

The closet is on the left side and when you opened the doors, it was reminiscent of the closet scene from “E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial” with all the stuffed animals, but it was stuffed with Pandas, lots and lots of Pandas…

The Wall on the Right (also not visible) was all shelves with all manner of Panda paraphernalia. There is even a little Panda hanging on the ceiling fan pull chain…

After we bought the place, I repainted the walls to get rid of all those dabbled markings, and if you think that Oil-Based Kilz Paint Primer is one-coat, you would be mistaken… I think it took 4-coats…

1 Like

Volo Cars has a couple low mileage WRX STI’s in stock, the orange 2013 with 7,000mi had 6,500mi on it when it sold in 2016, there’s also a black 2007 STI with 25,000mi but the engine was replaced 1,00mi ago.

There’s one listed a few places with about 2,000mi but that’s the mileage on the new engine, the chassis has over 180,000 miles with a long list of mods.

Mecum sold a 2004 STI in blue with just under 7,000mi at the KISSIMMEE 2023 auction back in January for $77,000

1 Like

For that price, I’d buy a new Corvette, or a lower-mid tier full sized pickup

1 Like

Everyone is trying their best

???

1 Like

not you, I was answering to VDCdriver he was said (You didn’t give him the answer that he wanted)

I wonder if op would be willing to pay $77k for the car he really wants :thinking:

He says he’d be willing to pay handsomely :money_with_wings:

5 Likes

You don’t seem to understand. We’re not here to make you happy. We’re free to comment on your question, @bscar2 is far from a troll. He stated how he would spend his money, not how you should spend yours.

1 Like

And btw he should focus on replacing the badges on the back of his car he posted a picture of. Since we’re on the topic of car collecting , that’s the first thing I noticed is missing badges.

Not all car collectors collect 100 point vehicles, some also collect Restomods, Rat Rods, Protouring, Prostreet, Racecars, etc etc and everything in between…

And there is nothing wrong with liking what you like including Stock…

That’s a very funny story, thanks for sharing. OMG!! Way Too Many Pandas!! … lol … Bizarre enough could be a sub-plot for an episode on the Curb Your Enthusiasm sitcom.

1 Like