Necessity of mudflaps

I have a 2007 Toyota Camry. Should I get mudflaps installed?

No. There’s no need for them in a small passenger car, and if improperly installed, they may even lead to rust issues.

Yes. They look so cool, especially the ones with the naked lady.

No. There’s no need for them in a small passenger car, and if improperly installed, they may even lead to rust issues.

What does a small passenger car have to do with anything.

If the body (i.e rocker panel) folds down underneath the car and is in direct line with the front wheels then I believe it’s NECESSARY. It’ll help protect the rocker panels from being combarded with debris that’s kicked up by the front wheels.

BTW…the 2007 Camry is LARGER then MOST passenger cars sold in the US.

I mean “small passenger car” as opposed to a truck or SUV.

The main purpose (other than looking cool) of mudflaps is to stop road debris from flying back and hitting other motorists. This is only really a major issue with a truck-style vehice. What you’re saying is that essentially the mudflaps can also be used to basically extend the fender-wells and stop stuff from getting under the car, which is perhaps true in some applications, but I really have a hard time envisioning them really helping that much on a newer-style car, where the fender well goes almost all the way to the ground. To use the venerable argument from this site: if road debris hitting the bottom of the car was an issue, they’d come from the factory with mudflaps.

I’d say if there’s some sort of factory mudflaps you can get from the dealer, the OP might consider them, but I wouldn’t just go to some sort of accessory shop and ask for them. Poorly installed car mudflaps tend to collect grime and salt which, along with the holes drilled to mount them, can cause rust issues.

Use them if they are factory fitted.

MUD FLAPS ON ANY IS PIMP’IN GOT SOME ON MY 88 D150 CUSTOM MADE THEY KIND’IND
ACCENT THE FAKE BULL COD SACK HANGIN FROM TRAILER HITCH

Need pics of that.

Don’t forget the matching chrome curb feelers and fuzzy dice.

sulk, sulk, grimace. ugh. now i guess i’ll have to take oll these off my old hornet huh?

LOL, they’re probably worth big bucks on ebay.