Mystery Problem with starting '92 Ford Ranger

So I have a problem with starting my '92 Ford Ranger. She starts right away when I first start her up for the day, or after several hours of sitting. But when I start running errands, it takes 2 or 3 turns and sometimes goosing the gas to get her to start. She’s not overheating, the fluids are good, and she doesn’t act like she wants to die when idling. So I’m quite confused as to what is happening. I asked my dad what it could be and he’s unsure as well. I’d like to have some kind of idea what could be wrong before I take her to a mechanic or start replacing stuff on it myself and spend more money than I need too. I spent $2,000 in August 2013 for head gasket repairs, oil change, water pump and various other repairs, so I don’t want to spend too much more on it for awhile! Thanks for everyone’s input.

The problem might be with Idle Air Control valve.

When starting the engine the IAC valve opens slightly to allow air into the engine. If the IAC valve sticks when it gets hot it doesn’t go to the proper position to allow air into the engine when starting the engine hot. When you step on the accelerator while starting the engine you open the throttle plate and this allows air into the engine and the engine starts.

Tester