Mystery Brown wire goes where?

Great Idea. I’ll pick one up. So Ill attach the power side of the alarm to the mystery wire “as if” its a hot wire and then ground the ground wire of the alarm before turning stuff on. If nothing turns the alarm on then it’s a ground wire. Then, should I try and ground it to the frame in some way? Thanks!

Yes that is how it works… If you can not find anything that powers the BUA, and everything else works then I would probably just tape it up and out of the way, doesn’t sound like it goes to anything… But you should be able to ground it, I wouldn’t drill any new holes to ground it, if a small bolt that looks like it is there for no other reason but to ground something then I would use it…

The windshield wipers aren’t working so I’ll cross fingers they will when through. Thanks

1 Like

I owned a late 70’s VW Rabbit, and it’s true that on that car brown wires tended to be ground. But not always. It’s not a good idea imo to connect-up any unused wire whose purpose is not known. AS DM says above, just tape it off so it doesn’t accidentally short to anything. If you connect it to something that is shouldn’t be connected to, you may end up w/a very big repair bill.