My SUV has a Banshee in it

I have a 2009 Kia Sportage and when I accelerate I have a high pitched whinning sound coming from the front end.I am a bit hearing impaired and I thought I had heard a faint noise but a passenger in the car today said OMG, what did you run over, I think it’s still alive.

This vehicle has stability control and at times the idiot light comes on and stays on until I shut the shut the car down.

"This vehicle has stability control and at times the idiot light comes on and stays on until I shut the shut the car down.

Maybe you should just go have that looked at before you hurt yourself and maybe some others. The light means that there are error codes in the system. In addition, this is a 2009 so the solution should be called “warranty.”

The problem with just sitting at a computer knowing nothing but “high pitched whining” is that one doesn’t know where to start blindly throwing the darts. Take it to Kia to have the system checked. They can actually hook it up to a scanner and ask the computer what it sees.

I’m pretty sure this vehicle is still under warranty. Take it to a Kia dealer and let them fix whatever is wrong with it.

The stability control light should NOT be coming on. The dealer will be able to scan the computer for trouble codes and figure out why the light is coming on.

You don’t have to mess with this yourself. This is what warranties are for.

Yikes, sorry! I have taken it to the dealers, multiple, and I got the usual, “Cannot duplicate the problem” The stability control has not registered as an error code and they swear they can’t hear any noise.
I do know about the warranty, it has 16,000 miles on it.