Used Kia

I was recently test driving a used Kia Rio (I think it was a '03 with 70,000 or so miles) and when I stopped at a stop sign, light or in the parking lot, it was making a weird sound, almost like it was moaning. There was also vibrating, but both these symptoms went away as I revved up to move. I asked the salesman, and he said that all Kias were like that, and there wasn’t much to be done about it. Up until that point, he sounded like he knew what he was talking about, but I’m not sure about that response. Is he right or just trying to give me bull?

Bull!

Kias are no different from other makes. If they are not running smoothly and/or making unusual noises, it means there is something wrong, and this car is flying a few red flags. Find another car.

That’s what I thought. He was also really eager to sell me that car or another car I test drove that night-an '04 or’05 Sentra -that same night. The Sentra seemed better, but I’m still looking.

I agree wholeheartedly with McP. Keep looking until you find a car you like that isn’t sending up warning signs. Then get it checked out thoroughly before signing on the dotted line.