My Integra Story and a cost analysis

Don’t be silly. The Acura Integra is vastly superior to a Honda Civic, and in fact for a long time was one of the most commonly stolen cars due to the fact that it has a much more powerful engine which can fit into a Civic. They also have a much better interior, higher build quality, etc. Even now, after the Integra has been discontinued for 19 years, I still see them on the road frequently.

Around here, you won’t see any. They are looked at as beaters for folks who have fallen on hard times.

Why are so against modern up to date vehicles ? Not everyone wants to or is able to repair old vehicles.

Are you aware that the Integra and Civic are the same platform?

Would you also state that a Lexus ES is vastly superior to a Camry, even though they were usually on the same platform?

Okay . . .

I also see lots of $1500 cars on the road every day . . . various makes

Does that mean they’re all superior vehicles?

How about a model year 2000 Chevy Astro . . . ?!

that is surely a shining example of a superior van :smirk:

1 Like

Assuming the fix is a big deal, here is my Acura-snob and fellow former Integra owner suggestion. If this is a mint GS-R or Type R Integra, work on it forever. If it is an LS or other lower trim, move on. Part it out, or sell it as is to another enthusiast.

I am going to fix the clutch. Drove it around the block today, let it run for an hour, burned off some oil and bad gas. After I cleaned it up, no more smoke so we will see. Thanks everyone.

But the Integra got the B-18 engine while the contemporary Civic had the much less entertaining D16 (except the Si, which had the B16). Honda guys are still sourcing B-18’s to swap in to what they’re driving. That was a hell of an engine and really did make the Integra stand out from the Civic.

The Lexus uses the same motor as the Avalon that it’s based on (both are, as you said, on the Camry platform, though stretched) - they don’t even tune it for higher output, so that’s a very different situation.