My Honda won't start!

I have a 2004 Honda Element EX with 160 k on it and I’m having a problem where it won’t start on my sometimes. It happens rarely and so far, I don’t think temperature or anything like that is effecting it. What will happen is that I will turn the key and I can hear it crank, but nothing happens. Sometimes the cranking slows down when I do this. If I let it sit though and try again, the car will start. I can’t get it to reproduce at the auto shop, so I can’t get it fixed. So far, all they could tell me is that the computer doesn’t say anything is wrong and that the battery has lots of juice (replaced it in Dec 2009).

I’ve heard that maybe the spark plugs are to blame since they should be replaced at the 110k mark. Is that my problem or is it something else?

My guess is the starter, or part of the starter, maybe a battery (or cable) going bad.

I have a 2004 Honda Element EX with 160 k on it ? I’ve heard that maybe the spark plugs are to blame since they should be replaced at the 110k mark. Is that my problem or is it something else?

Since you are 50,000 miles late on changing the plugs, I suspect there may be a lot of other maintenance work that has been neglected. The best way I know of increasing your cost of ownership and decreasing reliability of a car is to neglect maintenance. Open up that owner’s manual and get all the past due maintenance done. Then see if you still have a problem.

Did you ever figure out the problem?
My 2003 Honda has the same problem… the honda dealer replaced the battery (but I took it to the battery place and they said it was still good) - And it is starting to seem “weak” again - hesitating a bit before starting… My battery guy thinks it’s the starter