I’ve had 2 repair shops give me different answers, I don’t believe either of them… Here’s the issue-
For the past two months, 70% of the time, turning the key results in start-up, car drives away and runs fine. The other 30% of the time, turning the key to start, it starts for 1-2 seconds and then shuts off. I let the car go to sleep (close door, let BCM shut down) and repeat process and it will repeat the failure. 3rd, 4th and 5th attempt usually results in start-up, but its never consistent on which one of the preceding key-cycles will produce success.
- During a no start event, I’m noticed the cluster appears dead, no MIL’s and the dial gauges aren’t moving to their proper position. So I can tell before starting that it’s not going to succeed.
1.1) Colder temps seem to make it worse
- Sitting between key-cycles for hours vs minutes seems to increase chance for success.
- First mechanic (on first visit) changed fuel filter (didn’t fix…) on second visit said I needed a fuel pump. (I called BS on him and took to the second mechanic)
- Second mechanic had the car for days, witnessed this no-start but couldn’t find any codes being set that would help me root cause this… The only help he gave me was that the fuel pump was working good. Had pressure and flow even when there was a “No-start”…
I’m starting to lean towards a bad ignition module, any thoughts on this?