2000 Pontiac Sunfire wont start when its hot out

i have a 2000 Pontaic Sunfire, and it seems like whenever it is hot, or humid out that it will not start. Or, if i’ve been driving for awhile and stop to get gas, per say, when i go to turn it back on… it doesnt start.

i turn the key and the radio will come on and the meters will move but when i turn i get nothing as far as actual starting, no clicking, nothing. I have already got a new battery, a new starter, and a new ignition switch to try to fix this. Sometimes an hour or two later i will try the car again and it will start right up, or sometimes not.

I know that there was a recall on something with the ignition but that has already been fixed.

Anyone have any other ideas on what could be wrong with my car, because i only thought hot wiring it was cool the first 3 or so times, now its just kinda embarrasing.

You should clarify the conditions. At first blush, it looks like there is a wiring, wiring connection problem. the wiring between the ignition switch and the starter solenoid should be checked. The battery cables, and battery posts should be disconnected and sanded. This isn’t even 5th grade physics for a skilled mechanic, much less rocketry.

If your mechanic did all that work, maybe it is time for a new mechanic. Some simple test (when it is hot and not functioning) should find the answer the very first time.

check your water pump, your engine could have and auto shutoff when it gets too hot.

[b]If the vehicle has an automatic transmission, and the next time it fails to start, try wiggling the shift lever while at the same time trying to start the engine. If this doesn’t work, try shifting the transmission into neutral and then try starting the engine.

If the engine starts doing either of these things, it means there’s a problem with the park/neutral safety switch on the transmission.

Tester[/b]

I had a similar problem with my sunfire and in the end, it was the battery cable connection. It kept getting corroded due to a poor connection (with the fram? Not sure where) As the corrosion built up, the car wouldn’t start. Once it was cleaned and reconnected properly, the car hasn’t had a problem starting since.