Mouse Intrusion

I have a 2003 Nissan 350Z and since getting married, I now live in the country with no garage. I’ve got a mouse in the car. I’ve seen it, found the droppings, but the worst is that I can smell it’s waste and nest when ever I run the heater or air conditioner. I want to have the vents and ducts cleaned out, but am unsure if I should go to the dealer, a detailer, or what. Any suggestions on the best option and on how to keep them out would be appreciated.

FIRST you have to set a trap and get rid of the mouse. If he or she brings a “friend with benefits” into the situation, you will have a whole car full of mice and associated mouse evidence. You may already.

As for cleaning the vents, AFTER you are rid of said mouse turn the heater on to bi-level with the fan on high. Then spray lysol (or some equally pungent cleaner) into the outside vents in front of the windshield. Let it run a while. Fresh air and sunshine will go a long ways toward ridding the interior of mouse smell. If that doesn’t work you may have to resort to having the car detailed. It’s probably due anyway, right?

Excellent advice and I appreciate the response. I reached out in a couple of directions and also heard that soaking some cotton balls in peppermint oil and placing them around the inside of the hood can help prevent mice from coming in because they detest the smell. you just have to touch them up with a fe more drops occasionally. I’m going to give it all a whirl. Thanks again.