More cases of Tesla "phantom braking"

From what I see, your energy rates are still low even with the increase;

CHICAGO, June 1, 2022 /PRNewswire/ – As of June 1, Ameren Illinois’ price for electricity will be more than 10 cents per kilowatt-hour (kWh), a 120 percent increase over what it was last summer, the Citizens Utility Board (CUB) said Wednesday.

According to the Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC), Ameren’s summer “price to compare”—the rate customers should compare with alternative supplier offers—from June 1 to September 30 will be:

10.628 cents per kWh

Note: This rate includes the supply price, a transmission charge and a supply cost adjustment. Ameren does not profit off the price of electricity—they pass those costs onto customers with no markup. A new non-summer supply rate, which has yet to be announced, will take effect Oct. 1.

Ameren Illinois has estimated the higher prices will cost customers an average of $52 a month extra, or more than $620 in higher total bills through May 2023.

In other words, Peanuts.

@Nevada_545 Ah, that is a much more informative and detailed news repirt than what I read here in the St. Louis metro area news on the Missouri side.

I know that we have much better electric rates here than do many of my friends on bith coasts in places like CA, WA, OR, NJ, etc.

That’s not very high. Are they saying that the supplier cost is going to be 2.25 times what it was, but the delivery cost will be the same?

I saw a report on ICE vs EVs on the news last night. The report said that it would cost 10 times more for the gasoline used to travel from LA to San Francisco than using an EV and stopping four times at supercharging stations.

1 Like