Month-long Ford Focus repair!

I have a 2002 Ford Focus with 190,000 miles on it. I took it in for an alignment in August and was told the right front wheel bearing needed to be replaced. It was (apparently), yet the vibrating/noise continued. I took it back to the dealer in early December and was told the bearing that was replaced in August had failed. While they were replacing that bearing, the mechanic broke the spindle by shearing off a ‘frozen’ bolt. Weeks have gone by and the dealer says they cannot find this spindle part anywhere in the country. I have spoken to the service people and the manager and cannot get a straight answer about when the car will be repaired. Can anyone tell me what I could do or who I could contact to get my car repaired and returned to me? Has anyone else had a similar problem with a Focus? It seems like there are millions of Focuses on the road, and I wonder how it can take over 3 weeks (and counting) to find a part. Thank you for any suggestions you can give me!!

Sarah

I have no idea why a bolt that may have been removed recently would be frozen that quickly.
Also no idea why a spindle cannot be located. Something should be available; new, salvage, etc.

Jeez, this part should be available anywhere.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Accessories_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__00-01-02-03-04-Ford-Focus-Left-Front-Spindle_W0QQitemZ400018382485QQddnZPartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadiZ2865QQddiZ2811QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item400018382485&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A543|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

There’s something weird going on and I don’t know what it could be but I would advise that you contact Ford Motor Co. on-line. I think their site has a function for service queries. Email them and see if they can get to the bottom of this.
Also ask them if this part is backordered (not likely at all, but ask anyway.)
If it’s not backordered then you’re being yanked around for some reason.
Hopefully an inquery to the dealer from Ford will provoke a little movement.
Hope that helps.

Yeah OK. I looked at this post and for the life of me I can’t figure out what bolt was broken where the knuckle/hub couldn’t be put back into service. And as far a the spindle nut? Hell, that’s part of the halfshaft! Just order up a new halfshaft with a new nut.

And even if they broke off something like the clinch bolt for the ball joint, any tech worth their salt could remove this once the knuckle is off the car.

Me thinks something is amiss here.

Tester