Mommy I want a Muscle Car

I do appreciate it, appreciate it NOT being driven. I also appreciate my AMERICAN made car that gets nearly 30mpgs. That’s right I’m an Iraq War Vet who beleives conserving gas is to a degree a national security issue.

I noticed your use of the words “snivel” and “whine” seems you are at least as good at SNIVELING AND WHINING at my post as I am about his issue. How is this for snivel and whine, do an 18 month tour away from home and family, come back here to find out that the nation you were fighting for is full of Ambivalent idiots who don?t give an F for you sacrifices and are unwilling to share in the sacrifice themselves.

They only f&*ing care about making the next trip to Mallfart for the next load of plastic crap from china while driving the gas guzzler, or possibly the antics of American idol or Paris Hilton. You?ll learn to SNIVEL and Whine really well. Because the American public is disengaged and electing by sound bite. Somehow Bush is more patriotic than Kerry (an actual Vet). You’d probably consider him a snivler too.

Please take the political BS elsewhere, this is not the forum for it.

Drive whatever you like, if you want to save fuel (for whatever reason) buy a fuel efficient car. The rest of us will also drive what we like.

BTW, I didn’t flag your inappropriate post this time.

So I’ll bet at least some of you have the “Support or Troops” sticker on your gas guzzler. Do you even have a F*ing clue that it is still there and do you really think about supporting our troops? Perhaps supporting our troops means you use less of that gasoline that the fight is over? Nope, you only have to worry about waving that flag once in a while then getting into the gas guzzler and driving down to MallFart or autoworld to buy the parts for your guzzler?
Support our troops huh? Bank the money you were gonna use to buy your brat a 67 Chevelle with. March the brat down to the Marine Corps recruiting office and send him packing. That is real support, your first born.

FLAG AWAY, AND YOU PUT THE POLITICAL BS RIGHT UP YOUR GAS GUZZLING HOLE, BECAUSE THIS IS EXACTLY THE PLACE FOR IT. Because without a slap around you people won’t wake up. So if you are fired up enough to flag me then, I welcome it.

I’m not going to mess up any of my gas guzzlers with a “support our troops” (or any other) bumper sticker. Do you know how hard it is to scrape those things off?

Note: I understand that in years past when your few or only choice of used cars where the gas guzzlers, then you did the best you can do.

Now a days it is different, there are plenty of fuel efficient cars on the used market for good prices. Buying the muscle car now as a regular commuter or first car (which will get driven a lot) is outregious.

I think I’ll leave your posts alone. OK has the right idea, your posts speak for themselves. I’m not “fired up,” I’m just bored with your nonsense.

most of them are magnetic, easy to take on and off.

Hey bscar, I wouldn’t want you to do anything “outregious.” Are you still saving up for that vette?

Although I think your posts are innapropriate I will not flag them either. Best that the American public see you for the fool you are.
~Michael

I’ll pass.

I hope she develops a Chemical we can use to replace gas and we can leave the Mideast to implode on itself. However, would it have killed you to send her off to college in a more efficent car?

Don’t worry folks, you are not alone. Plenty of my own fellow soldiers who fought over there, lost friends, maybe wounded themselves came home with the $ they saved on deployment and promptly bought themselves a gas guzzler as a reward to themselves?yes I nearly pooped myself when it witnessed the phoneme.
It reminds me how shortsighted people can be without a slap upside the head now and again. And if it makes anyone feel better, I gave one or two an earful. I still have fight left in me. My next fight is for the soldier who has not even signed the paperwork yet. Remember we choose a market economy, so your dollars decide where we fight next. It is up to you CAR TALK people.

Boy am I glad I dug the Dart out this afternoon. It has been sunny and mid 80’s today and I am going to go cruise. I might even drive it to work tommorow.
~Michael

My “gas guzzling” Lincoln with a near 300 HP V8 gets 27 mpg on the road and has hit 30 at times in spite of weighing well over 4000 pounds. Seems to me it’s doing about as well as your “economy car”.

I’ll ask you again. Muscle cars are the tiniest fraction of the sum total and any additional fuel used is an even tinier fraction.

Since RVs, boats, and whatnot are considerably more numerous and use one whale of a lot more fuel why are you not screaming for them to be removed from the roadways, and the water, immediately?

Or is this use of fuel “justified in the name of amusement” as you claim the astronomical amount of electricity used to power ski resorts is, except the justification there is “exercise”?

I’m still waiting for an answer about how many doors YOU’VE knocked on in your 'hood and complained about their vehicle choice, as you mentioned someone else should do. Confronted any muscle car or Hummer drivers at McDonalds? If not, why?

Honestly, your ranting and use of profanity makes you appear a bit off-keel. Two close friends of the family (Mechanized, 2 Iraq tours, and Rangers one tour Iraq, one in Afghanistan) along with my son-in-law (Mechanized, one tour) and came back without an attitude like yours.
(Yes, I can curse and get belligerent with the best of them also, but normally try to maintain a bit of decorum here.)

Might want to read the following. It does’nt holdup to your arguement that we are in Iraq just for the oil.

http://www.lookoutmtn.com/Documents/Sources_of_United_States_Oil_Supply.pdf

from this document it has the following table:

First number is that countries year 2000 oil production in billons of barrels, second number is year 2000 oil in reserves in billons of barrels, third number is reserves/production ratio or R/P ratio in billons of barrels.

Table 2 ? Selected Country Oil Statistics
(Billions of Barrels)
Country Production (2000) Reserves (2000) R/P ratio
U.S. 353.5, 29.7, 10.4
Canada 126.3, 6.4, 8.5
Mexico 172.1, 28.3, 23.5
Venezuela 166.8, 76.9, 66.4
Brazil 63.5, 3.1, 17.7
Norway 157.5, 9.4, 7.7
United Kingdom 126.2, 5.0, 5.3
Kazakhstan 35.3, 8.0, 31.1
Russian Federation 323.3, 48.6, 20.6
Saudi Arabia 441.2, 261.7, 81.1
Iran 186.6, 89.7, 65.7
Iraq 128.1, 112.5, >100
Kuwait 105.6, 96.5, >100
UAE 114.7, 97.8, >100
World 1010.4, 1046.4, 39.9

So with Iraq producing 128.1 billon barrels of oil for the year 2000 why would the US want to invade it for? I could’nt find how much of the 128.1 billon barrels came to the US. I do know that it was’nt 100%. Looks to me like we should have invaded Saudi Arabia with it’s 441.2 billon barrels produced.

Might also add that this was while Saddam was still in control of Iraq. If someone can find current production rates for Iraq I would like to know. I would almost bet it’s less.

I also just read that during the year 2000 Iraq was under U.N. sanctions. Look at the following for newer production rates for Iraq.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/04/28/ap/world/mainD8H969Q00.shtml

You’re and idiot…why should I spend THOUSANDS of dollars on a more efficient car when I had a perfectly good vehicle sitting around. Talk about a waste of money.

So she goes to MIT year round? She cant work in the summers or during long breaks? No we arent saying she shouldnt concentrate on her studies or lose her scholarship but a bit of work when she is not at university isnt going to kill her.

How about that more efficent car as well? Yes you had a car lying around but you could have sold it and brought a more efficient one? (for less money probably too) Does she really need that large of a car?