Model-Year, please... I hate to complain (not entirely true), but

I’ve been “contributing” here for many years. We’ve had discussions involving site improvements we’d like to see.

I have kept asking for a prompt for Model -Year, in addition to Make & Model when new discussions are created.

When I heard that a new Community was being launched I figured I’d finally see Model-Year prompted. Nope. Too often it is left out of a question and I have to ask for the information.

Car Model-Years are very important, sometimes as important or more important than Make & Model. There is a significant difference between a 1968 Chevrolet Impala and a 2008 Chevrolet Impala, for example.

Certain car problems relate to specific Model-Years, as do Technical Service Bulletins, Recalls, advice, etcetera.

Would anybody else like that feature or other ones?
CSA

2 Likes

Agree the more information you have the better to diaganose the question. Also add type of transmission & millage.

Agreed. I’ve always (I hope!) put the year, make and model, and mileage if I remember, and think that if others with same type of car would have done so, I might have been able to search out specific answers about my car more readily.