MLI/Engine Codes 96' Honda Accord LX

Actually, the site re-sized site too a microscopic resolution. Here’s a link to the original in a 500 resolution, it go’s higher.

You still need to take a new picture, and move out a bit so I can see where this plug is located. The I can check the one on my Honda, but I suspect that there is nothing wrong with this plug.

There ya go. If experience is any indication of the future, than I don’t think anyone can help solve a car problem over the internet. Last time I had a high beams problem I ended up solving it myself.

Its raining out here right now. When it stops, i will go out and pull that plug on our Honda and see what it is supposed to look like inside.

Tidbit: When I clear the code it usually takes a day or two for it to come back.

Well, that is a main wiring harness connector. I did not trace it out, but I opened mine and the white posts are all white, I don’t know what those black marks are on yours, the picture is out of focus.

However, those white flat posts are just guides to insure alignment so that the pins do not get mashed when the connector is mated.

What led you to open this connection up anyway?

Well it’s all tied to the electrical. Black marks indicate over-heating, which confirms the open circuit. A guy at o’reilly says the dealer would be able to pinpoint the broken circuit with a device, but I can’t stand to pay them $300 for that, and I especially can’t stand not being able to figure it out myself.

Black marks are not an indication of an open circuit. An open circuit does not generate any heat. Heat is generated by a shorted circuit and that would blow a fuse. Also the black marks have very crisp edges on them which also does not indicate excessive heat. It could simply be that the plug you have is from a different manufacturer than the one I have. You are looking in the wrong place.

Back in May, I was blew the windshield wiper fuse twice in one week. Is their any connection to this, I wonder?

oddly enough, it hasn’t blown since and we never figured out why.

hey keith,

good news I followed the service manual and replaced the transmission fluid. We used a marine sump pump to pump out all the tranmission fluid we could, about a quart and half a time. Added a quart, flushed it about 3 times and we cycled it through all the gears. Now my tranny fluids red and after erasing the code, it hasn’t come back. considering it used to come back the next day and it’s been a month I think it’s fixed.

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate you helping me find the service manual.

Now I have a couple other problems, an oil leak in my pan and distributor, but that’s for another thread…