Mitsubishi Galant P0446 OBD error code

I own a 2001 Mitsubishi Galant, V6 engine, that I have recently been working on to repair the rough idling/stalling that has been occuring. Initially my mechanic thought there was a misfire in one of the engine cylinders, but today I had the fuel pump replaced and the rough idling was improved. However a check engine light came on after I got the car from the mechanic. The OBD code I pulled from the car was P0446 - Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Control Valve. Well using the Haynes repair manual for Mitsubishi Galant I tried to locate the vent control valve but was unable to due to a disconnect between the manual instructions and my car’s layout. If anyone has any advice on how to try and diagnose this problem, or intimate knowledge of where the vent control valve is on a V6 Galant that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

See if this diagram will help: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/repairinfo/repairguide/repairGuideContent.jsp?pageId=0996b43f8037e94b

Go all the way to the bottom of the page and I think it will show your vacuum routing for complete engine. It is showing for a 2000 but hope it is the same.

There is a TSB that is in effect, replacement pages for the Factory Service Manual that lists all evap components and gives an idea as too their location. The TSB does not provide any type of diagnostic troubleshooting chart though.