As the family is growing, we are looking into a minivan. The options are:
- 2017 new (not used) Kia Sedona ~$23500+dealer fees
- 2014 used 42k miles clean title Honda Odyssey for ~$19000
Benefits for Kia are warranty and no history / maintenance record issues etc. Negative is that I am paying the immediate depreciation.
Benefits for Honda are great reliability, savings of ~$5k. Negative is that I don’t know how exactly the car was maintained.
- What are the other major benefits and drawbacks of each option that I may be missing?
- Which one would you pick and why?
- How reliable is Kia Sedona over long term compared to a Honda Odyssey (or similarly reliable Toyota Sienna)?