Mini frozen

My Mini Cooper spent a night in below-zero weather & then refused to go faster than 20 miles-a-hour. It was fixed by turning it off & then back on. The mechanic says its a turbo adjustment but the dealer says I need to have an engine flush ($$),it had only 20,000 miles on it. Is this a turbo thing or would an engine flush be needed so soon?

How many times has the oil been changed in the 20,000 miles so far? And whjat oil is in the crankcase?

All cars, including turbos, sold in North America have to be able to operate in sub-zero weather; where I live, we have 3 months of it. And engine flushes are nowhere to be found in your OWNER’S MANUAL; please check. Ask the dealer to show you where in the owner’s manual an engine flush is specified.

When was your last oil change? If you have been following the recommendation in the owner’s manual then the dealer is just doing the old wallet flush.

Did you get an error signal (CEL) when it was not going over 20? If so let’s get the code.

That CEL (check engine light) is just a kid in class waving her hand trying to get you attention because she has the answer. You need to have the codes read. Some places will read them for FREE. Try Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. Get the exact code (like P0123) not just their translation into English and post it back here.

Thanks! I have a visit with them next week & will do that.