Mercedes ML320 1999

Bought used, no owner/repair manual!

How can I change from 4WD to 2WD? (And visa-versa.)

Please help.

It’s an automatic system called 4Matic. Here’s an overview of the system and it’s history.

http://www.whnet.com/4x4/ets.html

It’s a tough car to own without the owners manual. MBUSA and E-Bay are both good sources.

Thanks for the info. I don’t know how long we plan to keep this vehicle, so I wanted to try to correct this one problem without purchasing an owner’s manual which seem to be either very pricey or unavailable. I’d still like specifics on HOW TO switch from 4 to 2WD if anyone can give directions. :slight_smile:

There is no “HOW TO”. It’s an automatic system. Always in 4WD. Read the info in the link.

Oh. Thank you very much. I thought I must have missed something. You have been extremely helpful, and have saved me lots of money I’m sure. :slight_smile:

The 4matic is a very good system that’s shown to be reliable.
Most never get close to it’s full capabilities.

Understood. This vehicle is only used for regular road travel. Had hoped to correct the sticky/bumpy/dragging hesitation when accelerating after a stop. Guess not. Thanks so much, Benzman! If/as other questions come up, I’ll be sure to post in this forum. :slight_smile: