Memory seats

I HAVE A 2005 CADILLAC DEVILLE WITH MEMORY PACKAGE-THE CAR ONLY HAD A VALET KEY WHEN I GOT THE CAR. I HAD A DEALER MAKE A KEY AND FOB(#1) BUT WHEN I TRY THE MENORY IT GOES BACK TO AN ORIGINAL SETTING AND I CANNOT GET IT TO RESET. DO I NEED BOTH A 1 AND 2 FOB FOR THIS TO WORK.

THANKS

NORM

Did they key work at the dealership? No CAPS!!!

MY GRANDSON HAD IT DONE AND THEY DIDN’T TRY THE MEMORY OPTION

1. please turn your caps lock off.
  2. read your owner’s manual.

I’d also demand from the dealer a complete key, and reprogramming of the system if necessary. You’ve paid for these features, the dealer should make good on them. If you bought from a used car dealer unaffiliated with a new car dealership, you may have to go to the Caddy dealer to get the proper new key and/or programming done.

Only had a valet key ?
Cars come with two keys, and two remotes if it’s the o.e. option.

Did you buy it used from a private person ( it’s all on you ), dealer, or used car lot ?

Every dealer and used car lot knows this. Don’t let them tell you otherwise because only the conniving, cheating, sheisters will try to weasel out of programming up the O.E. pair right along with everything else they always do to prep the car for sale.
– They’ll have a long list of reasons why not, it’s all bull, and other posters here will argue. But in the common decency of proper business they need to get it done with the sale of the car. ( unless by some starange alignment of the cosmos you got a slammin’ deal discount on it that would allow for their lack. )

Either way, invest in the proper equipment or get the dealer to
AND
read the owner’s manual, all of it.

( as it stands now, the original two are still out there…where? )

didn’t buy car from dealer got from salvage and rebuit it
local dealer thought it miht be the switch

It’s okay to use capitals at the beginning of sentences.

Since you got the car from salvage and rebuilt it, take the VIN number to your local Caddy dealer and see if they can replicate the original key.

You should be able to buy a replacement owners’ manual over the internet.

You need someone familar with setting up the seats (a good 15 min read and you will be an expert) then you can tell if you have a issue.