Mazda RX-8's battery

My Mazda RX-8 battery went flat. Recharged it(Jumper cable method), added battery fluid and it is working now.

Q:Will it continue to work for long?

P.S.How come there is no mention of Mazda RX-8 on the list here?!

How old is the battery now? It’s probably time to change it already.

And, where did you find concentrated sulfric acid?

added battery fluid

What kind of fluid? For normal maintenance, you normally just add water. If you used acid, …?

As asked, How old is the battery. Have you had your charging system and battery checked?

1.Brand new battery but car was not in use for 3 months.
2. Added Just water
3.Not yet but why should I if the battery’s working?

Brand new battery but car’s been out of use for 3months.

"P.S.How come there is no mention of Mazda RX-8 on the list here?! "

What list??

Added Just water

Distilled water I hope.

Every time a car starting battery is run down flat it gets damage. Do it 10 times or so and it’s pretty much a boat anchor.

It takes 8-12 hours to fully charge a flat battery. There’s no way rush the process. An automatic charger of 5-10 amps is a good investment.

.Not yet but why should I if the battery’s working?

You should have the whole charging system and battery checked to find out what caused the problem. For example you needed to add water. That could be an indication of over charging due to a problem in the charging system and can damage not only the battery but other car parts.

The battery may have been damaged, and a good check should be able to determine that. Simply being able to start you car once, is not a good check.

While we’re on this topic . . . does anybody think that it’s a good idea to run the battery down a bit (turn on the headlights) and then put the trickle charger back on when you’re storing a car? Rocketman

By water I mean Distilled Water. I might be crazy, but I’m not stupid!Lol