Maps of auto emissions in the USA

Now for the rest of the story…

2 Likes

That’s what I’m talking about I would take that everyday !!!

Yeah that’s the dirty little secret with the battery car craze. Like wind mills, makes people feel good, just like planting a tree back on Earth Day. Now I’ve got so gol dang many trees and it’s going to cost me $1-2000 each to take them down.

Does that price take into account the stump grinder . . . ?!

Gotta figure about $50 a stump.

A neighbor across the street had a stump ground last week. A pickup with a trailer pulled up, and the truck driver used a remote control to drive a stump grinder off the trailer, up the driveway, and across the lawn to the stump. He controlled the grinding remotely, too. My wife took video on her phone so that we could watch our grandson watch the RC grinder. I enjoyed the show, too. The driver said the RC grinder didn’t damage the lawn, and it was worth the cost just for that.

We leave the stumps at the cabins, got some nice turkey tail mushrooms!

Well, look at that, something we agree upon.

1 Like

Well, that is an assumption. I actually do not like cars, but it is my only choice, based on where I live–Hint: far away from those hot spots shown in the map posted in the original comment (BTW, there you can insert your nearest metro area–or the one you escaped from to see “local” conditions). I am enjoying the “country air” in my retirement, thank you.

I come here to read about how to keep my 12-year old and counting (original batteries!) Prius running safe and well. I came from a place where not only COULD you live what some call an “extreme” lifestyle (without a car, big city), but you really don’t WANT to to own a car–problems with parking, theft, congestion. Public Transportation (I know, there I am using coarse language again…) was ubiquitous, if not always 100% reliable.

The “extreme” lifestyles are likely to reverse positions in the next few decades, and those of us owning petroleum-fueled vehicles will be seen as the outliers, and the walkers, bikers, bus, train, etc. riders will become the majority of the population.

My bubble.

It isn’t number one on my list. In any case, I think your are trolling my response.

Yeah there are some here who share your view. Myself though, I like cars a whole lot better than horses and I always got tired of getting rained on on my bike. Prolly has something to do with growing up where self-reliance was important. When I was a kid though I had a winter beater bike that I would tie rope around the tires for better snow traction. Now they have snow tires you can buy. Still no heaters in them.

A lot of people are car-free. Mainly in big cities. I have cousins who own a law firm in Brooklyn. The youngest is 55, and I think only one of them has ever driven a vehicle before. Big cities is easy to live car free.

Out esteemed moderator Carolyn , does not have a car . I think she lives in New York City . A place I don’t even want to visit.

2 Likes

Was that a Fox Entertainment poll?

1 Like

I see climate change is number 15 out of 15, last place!

Notice that the poll just happened to include 15 worries!

Had they chosen the top 10 worries, like would make sense, it wouldn’t be anywhere near even making the list! :laughing:
CSA
:palm_tree::sunglasses::palm_tree:

But the percentage is a LOT HIGHER then 2% (which Bing claimed).

Things like climate change will always be lower on the list because you don’t see the effects. Even for those of us who know climate change is real and mainly caused by man. Crime in a high crime area will always be near the top. Climate change in places like Greenland is near the top. Some cities (and islands) are now seeing the effect of climate change as seas rise. We have areas in Boston that now flood during heavy rains and high-tide. In 100 years and many of the major coastal cities are flooding regularly, then climate change will be near the top. But keep burring head in sand thinking it’ll go away.

1 Like

Been there too many time’s have no desire to go back

1 Like

Yes, I am here. There are some days I don’t want to visit, either. When I go home to see my folks, I drive. I think of myself as a kid from the suburbs who isn’t gruff or impatient like the stereotype. But then I get

3 Likes

That was not planned in the movie. But Dustin Hoffman kept going and added the “Hey, I’m walking here.”

I’d heard that. Sometimes art imitates life.