@Julie-Lent-Managing-Editor You want a good example of just granting unvetted people with editing powers being wrong ? Well, here one of 2.
When I was stationed at Osan AB, South Korea, the local bars and nightclubs would have rows of the “emptied” b e e r bottles lined up on the back of the bar. If these were oilcans, we know what is happening, you would be draining every last drop of oil out of the empty oil cans…
But here, they were draining every last drop of un-d r u n k b e e r into a new bottle… when the bottles were again full, they refrigerated them and sold them to the d r u n k Americans the following night. If anyone came down sick, it was blamed on the open “benjo” ditches (open sewage ditches…). All the dormitories had garden hoses hooked up to hose off the those who managed to stumble, fall, or be pushed into the ditches…
Hi there,
I didn’t ask for an example.
Unless someone breaks the rules, they can post. Being wrong about something is not breaking the rules.
If you don’t like it, ignore it.
Thanks,
Julie (who is doing this for free, just as you are using this platform for free…)
You made me go look ![]()
TN still has the county at the bottom of the plate…
So does South Dakota last I noticed. $35. Kinda nice knowing where people are from.
“stepped on a pop top, blew out my flip flop”
As a kid, dad and I would go fishing. He would open a can of ■■■■ with the church key. When empty just sink it in the lake. No one likely to step on it 30 feet down. Thought it was normal. Suppose you could be arrested now either for drinking in a boat, empty can in the car, etc.
Montana has the first digit or two of the license plate indicate the county, originally from most to least populous. Out of 56 counties, we were 53. So when someone saw a license plate that said 53-289 they knew we were from sparsely populated Golden Valley county. When I see a MT plate that starts with 3 I still think “Billings”.
So b e e r is a bad word?
Yep, B**r might be a taken as an endorsement of the beverage![]()
Is “whisky” permitted?
The answer is clearly… yes… so I have to wonder why b e e r is verboten.
How about gin?
Again, it’s okay, so I have to wonder about the censoring protocols regarding b e e r.
TN has 95 counties, I don’t know if that is a lot or not, but I do know that is way more than most anyone I know can remember, much less since people move and town grow at different rates, so that would not help the average person I wouldn’t think…
Link Bing said, it is nice to just look at a plate and see what county they are from, more so if/when out of town looking for same counties is kinda fun…
Hear Hear! ![]()
And yet, ale seems to be uncensored.
![]()
Well, I like ale best anyway.
With all due respect, As far as I can tell, the OP of both of the threads I think you are referring to edited his own Topic name and opening post, as most anybody can do, the OP is a level 2 just like 352 other members on here are… No “special powers” needed… And since the OP has been on this forum for at least 13 years, how much more “vetting” should be done to be able to edit their own post???
BTW you are now a level 3 also as of June 6th…
Yes, the license plate numbers haven’t changed. When they started that system, Billings/Yellowstone County was #3, now it’s the #1 most populous county. But license plates still start with 3.
The county my family was in has moved down to #54 out of 56. Looks like today there are 823 people in the entire county. With a dozen or more vehicles that needed to be licensed, my aunt was at the county courthouse several times a year.
You mean I let that Spider bite me for no reason?
Sorry but I just dont pay attention to this stuff and have no idea what level I am or what that means. Is level 1 better than level 2 like first and second lt?
No, level 1 is lower than level 2…
This has been discussed in a prior thread…
